Las Vegas, Nevada - San Diego State seniors Derek Largent and Terry Poole will join head football coach Rocky Long at the 2014 Mountain West football media day Wednesday at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
Complete coverage of the MW football media day can be found online at GoAztecs.com, via Twitter at Twitter.com/GoAztecs and via Facebook at Facebook.com/GoAztecs.
Fans can find updates, video coverage of the day’s events, one-on-one interviews and a behind the scenes video.
Prior to MW media day in Las Vegas, Largent and Poole will take over SDSU athletics’ official Twitter account @GoAztecs at noon PT Tuesday. The duo will answer tweets from Twitter users that utilize the hashtag #AztecFBLive.
Largent had 32 tackles, four tackles for loss, a sack and a forced fumble in 12 games last year, while battling injuries throughout the season. As a sophomore in 2012, Largent had 61 tackles, 9.5 TFL, 6.5 sacks, three pass breakups, three fumble recoveries, two interceptions and a forced fumble en route to earning honorable mention all-Mountain West accolades.
Poole, meanwhile, started all 12 games he appeared in at right tackle as a junior in 2013 in his first year donning the Scarlet and Black, where he was an honorable-mention all-MW pick. Poole, who will be moving to left tackle this year, has been named a preseason first-team selection by Sporting News, and a second-team pick by Athlon Sports, Lindy’s Sports and Phil Steele.
SDSU returns 12 starters and 35 letterwinners from a team that finished 8-5 overall and 6-2 in Mountain West play a year ago, culminating with a victory over Buffalo, 49-24, in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. With its bowl game appearance, San Diego State became one of only 29 teams in the nation, and one of just five non-BCS schools, to play in a bowl game in each of the last four seasons.
Tickets for all individual home games went on sale to the general public today (Monday) at 9 a.m. PT, and are available on GoAztecs.com, by phone (619) 283-7378 (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.) or in person at Qualcomm Stadium Window “E” (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.).
Season tickets are currently on sale through GoAztecs.com and the SDSU ticket office (619) 283-SDSU. An internet only presale for the KGB SkyShow game on Nov. 8 against Idaho is now available for KGB listeners, SDSU season-ticket holders and Aztec Nation subscribers.
SDSU Football at MW Media Day
Wednesday, July 23 - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Aztec Representatives - Head coach Rocky Long, senior linebacker Derek Largent & senior offensive lineman Terry Poole
Wednesday’s Schedule (all times PT)
- 8 a.m.: Radio Row (Players) / ESPN3 Live Show (Coach)
- 8:30 a.m.: Campus Insiders Interviews (Players)
- 9 a.m.: Oceanic TV Interviews (Players)
- 9:15 a.m.: Print Interviews (Coach)
- 9:45 a.m.: CBS Sports Network Specialty Shots (Players)
- 10:15 a.m.: MW PSAs/Promos (Players)
- 10:45 a.m.: ROOT Sports Interviews (Players) / Local TV Interviews (Coach)
- 11:15 a.m.: Lunch (Players/Coach)
- Noon: CBS Sports Network Interviews (Players)
- 1 p.m.: Print Interviews (Players) / ROOT Sports Interviews (Coach)
- 1:15 p.m.: Campus Insiders Interviews (Coach)
- 1:30 p.m.: MW PSAs/Promos (Coach)
- 1:45 p.m.: Mountain West Network Interview (Coach)
- 2 p.m.: CBS Sports Network Interview (Coach)
- 2:15 p.m.: Oceanic TV Interview (Coach)
- 2:30 p.m.: Local TV Interviews (Players) / Radio Row (Coach)
- 5:10 p.m.: Mountain West Network Show (Players)