San Diego, California - The San Diego State football team will play five more games on national television, the Mountain West announced today. Coupled with the announcement last week that the Aztecs will play three Friday games, SDSU is now slated to play eight times on national television this season.
With today’s announcement, San Diego State is scheduled to play five national TV games on Saturday this season, including three on CBS Sports Network and two on the ESPN Networks (ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU or ESPN3).
The Aztecs will play host to UNLV on the ESPN Networks on Sept. 27 at a time still to be determined. SDSU will also welcome Hawai’i on CBSSN on Oct. 18 at 7:30 p.m. PT. San Diego State’s game at Nevada on Nov. 1 is slated for CBSSN at 7:30 p.m. PT. The Aztecs’ trip to Boise State on Nov. 15 will be on the ESPN Networks (time TBA). SDSU will close its regular season against San José State on Nov. 29 at home on CBSSN at 12:30 p.m. PT.
San Diego State is now scheduled to play five times on CBS Sports Network and three games on the ESPN Networks, including Friday, Oct. 10 at New Mexico on ESPNU.
Additional broadcasts by ROOT SPORTS and the Mountain West Network powered by Campus Insiders will be announced in the coming weeks. Additionally, the Aztecs’ non-conference road contests at North Carolina (Sept. 6) and Oregon State (Sept. 20) could also be broadcast on national TV.
SDSU is coming off an 8-5 year (6-2 Mountain West) in 2013, which culminated in a 49-24 victory over Buffalo in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl on Dec. 21. It was San Diego State’s school-record fourth consecutive bowl game appearance.
The Aztecs begin the 2014 season on Aug. 30 at home against Northern Arizona.
2014 San Diego State Football Schedule:
- Saturday, Aug. 30 -- Northern Arizona -- TBA
- Saturday, Sept. 6 -- at North Carolina -- TBA
- Saturday, Sept. 20 -- at Oregon State -- TBA
- Saturday, Sept. 27 -- UNLV* -- TBA (ESPN Networks)
- Friday, Oct. 3 -- at Fresno State* -- 7 p.m. PT (CBS Sports Network)
- Friday, Oct. 10 -- at New Mexico* -- 7:30 p.m. MT (ESPNU)
- Saturday, Oct. 18 -- Hawai'i* -- 7:30 p.m. PT (CBS Sports Network)
- Saturday, Nov. 1 -- at Nevada* -- 7:30 p.m. PT (CBS Sports Network)
- Saturday, Nov. 8 – Idaho -- TBA
- Saturday, Nov. 15 -- at Boise State* -- TBA (ESPN Networks)
- Friday, Nov. 21 -- Air Force* -- 6:30 p.m. PT (CBS Sports Network)
- Saturday, Nov. 29 -- San José State* -- 12:30 p.m. PT (CBS Sports Network)
- Saturday, Dec. 6 -- MW Championship Game (home of highest-ranked two divisional champions)
*Mountain West opponent, other times will be announced at a later date