San Diego, California - San Diego State, winners of 12 consecutive games, plays its first road game of the season on Saturday when the Aztecs visit DeKalb, Ill., for the first time since 1970 to face Northern Illinois. Kickoff is set for 2:30 p.m. CT (12:30 p.m. PT).
* San Diego State’s 12-game win streak is the second longest active streak nationally (Alabama, 14) and the longest for the Aztecs since a 21-game winning streak from 1968-70 under legendary coach Don Coryell.
* On game day, SDSU will have gone 357 days without a defeat (last loss was at Penn State on Sept. 26, 2015).
* During the 12-game winning streak, the Aztecs have outscored their opponents 434-161 (36.2-13.4), with only two games decided by less than 14 points.
* San Diego State has won its last four road games. That is tied for the 10th longest active streak in the country (leader: Ohio State, 18) and the second longest active streak by a G5 school (Toledo, 7).
* San Diego State has a plus-25 turnover margin in its last 11 games and has owned an edge in the category in 10 of its last 11 games.
* Last week, San Diego State never trailed in a 45-40 victory over California, snapping the Bears’ three-game winning streak.
* Heisman Trophy candidate Donnel Pumphrey rushed for a career-high 281 yards (three touchdowns, 9.7 ypc) in the victory over Cal. The senior produced the largest rushing day by an FBS player this year and had the most rushing yards by a G5 student-athlete against a P5 opponent since 1996. Pumphrey is two yards shy of Marshall Faulk’s school record for all-purpose yards.
* Pumphrey, the nation’s active leading rusher, also passed Marshall Faulk on top of the school’s career rushing chart. Pumphrey has now rushed for 4,651 yards to rank 39th in NCAA history. Also, he is leading the nation this season in yards per game (189.5).
* San Diego State is receiving votes in the Associated Press Poll for the sixth consecutive poll (dating back to last season). The Aztecs currently have 51 points to place 28th in the poll. The last time SDSU was ranked higher by the AP was 27th on Nov. 7, 2010.
* San Diego State and Northern Illinois are two of the three Group of 5 members that have advanced to a bowl game each of the last six seasons (also: Boise State).
* Since the beginning of the 2010 season, Northern Illinois has the best home record in the nation. In fact, the Huskies have won 35 of its last 37 home games.
* Since 2009, Northern Illinois has five victories over Big Ten schools, one over a Big 12 school and has played in a bowl game eight consecutive seasons