San Diego, California - We’ve all heard someone say “the book was better,” after watching an adapted film. But have you ever been able to say that? Make sure you can for the upcoming set of best sellers-turned-blockbusters.
The San Diego County Library has books available now for checkout that will become movies later this year. You can pick them up at your local library branch, or see if they’re available for download on your e-reader.
We’ve listed a few of the coming attractions below. To learn more about each book, find out which branch has it, or request online, click on the title. Clickable movie release dates will lead you to the official trailers.
- Book series: “How to Train Your Dragon” by Cressida Cowell (Kids)
- Movie Release: June 13, “How to Train Your Dragon 2”
- Book: “A Dame to Kill For” by Frank Miller (Adult)
- Movie Release: Aug. 22, “Sin City: A Dame to Kill For”
- Book: “Gone Girl” by Gillian Flynn (Adult)
- Movie Release: Oct. 3
- Book: “Dracula” by Bram Stoker (Adult/Teen)
- Movie Release: Movie: Oct. 3, “Dracula Untold”
- Book: “Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day” by Judith Viorst (Kids)
Movie Release: Oct. 10