San Diego, California - Sheriff's Deputies will be honored for their hard work in recovering stolen cars across San Diego County.
The awards are given by the Auto Theft Advisory Committee (ATAC), which is a partnership between law enforcement, insurance and car-related companies working together to reduce car theft.
The Vehicle Theft Recovery Awards Ceremony will be held on Thursday, March 20 at The Prado at Balboa Park at 9:30 a.m. The following deputies will be honored for arresting 51 people and recovering 167 stolen cars worth nearly $1.1 million in 2013.
- Alpine Station – Deputy Aaron Miller
- Poway Station – Deputy Andrew Peterson
- Encinitas Station – Deputy Marshall Abbott
- San Marcos Station – Corporal Ricardo Carlon
- Fallbrook Substation – Deputy Dave Ertz
- Santee Station – Deputy Devin Kusler
- Lemon Grove Station – Deputy Isaias Gardea
- Imperial Beach Substation – Deputy Joseph Garay
- Valley Center Substation – Deputy Aaron Boer
- Vista Station – Deputy James Balderson