San Diego, California - Unincorporated County residents affected by the wildfires can get help from the County in person and now via a recovery assistance hotline and email address, too.
The County has launched a hotline and email address focused on recovery assistance, in addition to the recovery liaison office at the County Library’s San Marcos branch at 2 Civic Center Drive in San Marcos.
Callers can leave a voice mail after hours and County staff will return the call. Both the phone number and email address will be posted on sdcountyrecovery.com, the County’s recovery website.
The Recovery Liaison Office is open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Information will be available on many topics, including:
- where to go for crisis counseling
- help locating or reporting a lost pet
- how to safely remove ash from your property
- how to obtain a free building permit and expedited services to rebuild, if you lost your home in the wildfires
- how to remove waste and debris
- how to make sure food is safe to eat
- how to receive temporary property tax relief for fire victims with destroyed or damaged homes
The public is also encouraged to report any damage to County roads or bridges.