San Diego, California - The new County Waterfront Park downtown celebrates its first Fourth of July Friday and thousands of people are expected to be on hand to watch the annual fireworks show on the bay.
If you’re planning on heading to the Waterfront Park for the big show, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Parking will be at a premium. Consider taking public transportation
- No alcohol or smoking (including e-cigarettes) is allowed
- Glass is not permitted
- Barbecuing is not permitted
- Six different food trucks will sell food at the park between 12 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Feel free to bring picnics, lawn chairs, towels, sunscreen, blankets and canopies
- Limited number of 10’ x 10’ canopies will be available for rent for $15
The fountains will be running from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and the Big Bay Boom fireworks show will start at 9 p.m. The Waterfront Park closes at 10 p.m.
For more information about parks, visit www.sdparks.org or if you need more specific information about the Waterfront Park, call its office at (619) 232-PARK (7275).