- Category: Crime
- Created on Wednesday, 07 November 2012 18:45
San Diego, California - The FBI and San Diego Police Department are seeking the public’s assistance to identify the unknown male responsible for robbing the Union Bank branch located at 2927 University Avenue in San Diego, California, on Tuesday, November 6, 2012.
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012, at approximately 4:07 p.m. the Union Bank located at 2927 University Avenue in San Diego, California, was robbed by an unknown male, using what has been described as a kitchen knife. At the time of the robbery, the robber approached the victim teller and then jumped over the teller counter and grabbed a sum of money near a cash dispensing machine. The robber then jumped back over the counter and chased bank employees around the lobby area with the knife. The robber subsequently ran out of the bank, dropping some of the money he previously grabbed. Throughout the robbery, the robber brandished the knife and threatened employees.
Witnesses describe the robber as follows:
- Sex: Male
- Race: White
- Age: Approximately 40 years old
- Height: Approximately 6’0” tall
- Weight: Approximately 205 lbs.
- Build: Medium to heavy
- Eyes: Unknown
- Hair/Coloring: Bald head with gray hair on sides and goatee with mustache
- Clothing: White tank top with “CALIFORNIA,” dark pants, white socks, and tennis shoes
Bank surveillance photographs from Union Bank branch located at 2927 University Avenue, San Diego, California, on Tuesday, November 6, 2012: