El Cajon, California - As part of an on-going investigation into an elder abuse complaint, deputies from the Santee Sheriff's Station served a search warrant at a residence in Unincorporated El Cajon. During the service of the warrant, it was discovered that occupants at the residence were growing marijuana and had set up a butane hash oil extraction laboratory in the garage.
The residents were operating a clandestine drug laboratory and endangering an 84 year-old woman who also lives at the residence. The woman had no idea this was occurring.
Detectives from the San Diego Integrated Narcotics Taskforce, as well as the County Hazardous Materials Response unit, were called upon to dismantle the laboratory and assist with the investigation.
30 year-old Travis Faircloth, was arrested on the following charges:
- 368(B)(1) PC LIKELY TO CAUSE HARM/DEATH OF ELDER /DEPENDENT ADULT (F)
- 11379.6(A) HS MFR CONTROLLED SUBS (F)
- 11357(A) HS POSS CONCENTRATED CANNABIS (F)
- 11364.1(A) HS POSSESS UNLAWFUL PARAPHERNALIA (M)
- 11358 HS PLANT/CULTIVATE/ETC MARIJUANA/HASHISH (F)
- 11350(A) HS POSS NARCOTIC CONTROLLED SUBS (F)
Anyone with information about this case can call the Sheriff's Department non-emergency line at (858)565-5200. You can remain anonymous and be eligible for up to a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest. Call Crime Stoppers at (888)580-8477.