- Category: Health
- Created on Monday, 18 March 2013 10:37
San Diego, California (NAPSI) - If you’re looking for a quick meal or snack on the go, too often, your options have been limited to the drive-through or grabbing processed snacks.
As consumers gravitate toward healthy choices, some retailers are focusing on providing fresh, tasty options. Here are a few tips to help you eat smarter on the run.
• Start your day right—Breakfast really does set the tone for the whole day. Instead of skip- ping breakfast when you’re in a hurry, grab a yogurt and fruit.
• Plan for the munchies—When you pick up your morning coffee or lunch, plan your afternoon snack. You can balance healthy options with an occasional treat.
• Go for some color—Enjoy a variety of green, red and yellow fruits and vegetables every day so you don’t get bored with your options.
To help, you can now find a whole new line of fresh options designed with healthy eating in mind anytime of the day at one national convenience store.
What You Can Get
In the past year, 7-Eleven has tapped into consumer requests for healthier, on-the-go options by launching its Fresh Foods program. Some of the options include:
• Fresh sandwiches
• Fresh-cut fruit
• Fruit and yogurt parfaits with oats and honey granola
• Bistro Snack Protein Packs with mini whole-wheat pitas, cheddar cheese cubes, red grapes, celery, baby carrots and hummus. All the offerings are made daily with fresh ingredients from nearby kitchens and bakeries. The convenience chain is working on expanding offerings for its customers.
For further information, visit www.7Eleven.com.